It is quick and easy to convert from Bill by Mail to an NC Quick Pass transponder account. Just follow these steps:
- Click the "Pay My Bill" tab to log in with your invoice number.
- Enter your invoice number and either your ZIP code or license plate number (without dashes).Note: if you do not have a previous invoice number, you will need to
contact NC Quick Pass and provide your full name, license plate number and address. You will be provided with an invoice number to log in and convert your account to an NC Quick Pass transponder account.
- Pay the current balance in full.
- After you pay in full, click the link in the box on the top of the payment confirmation page that says, "Click here" to convert your account.
- Follow the instructions to convert to an NC Quick Pass transponder account.
When the account is converted, your PIN will automatically default to 1111. You must call 877-7MY-PASS (877-769-7277) to change the PIN.
Your transponder will be mailed within five to seven business days. However, you are able to begin receiving the discounted rate on NC toll roads immediately as long as your license plate number is correctly listed on the account.
Please note: If your vehicle has traveled on a North Carolina toll road before and there is not an outstanding balance, you will still need to log in to the "Pay My Bill" tab using a previous invoice number and either your license plate number or ZIP code.